Re: [Xen-users] How to access the console

  • To: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:01:42 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:55:07 -0700

shacky wrote:
2007/7/21, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>>:

    Do you need console, or SSH access?

I need SSH access to the domUs if their network interfaces or their SSH server doesn't work. I need to have a web page that lets the customers to connect to their virtual machines if there is a problem that doesn't let them to access by SSH using the public IP address of the VM (for example a wrong iptables configuration that blocks the port 22. In practise, i need a web interface that uses the "xm console" command of Xen.

Thank you very much!
Bye.
Got it. Doing so securely for individual customers rather than in general is..... awkward. Do you have a budget? RedHat's Satellite Network tools are supposed to provide this on a client allocatable basis, but they're flipping expensive. (7000 pounds for the server, plus 100 pounds for each client, or let them run the server but still 100 pounds for each client.)

You can also talk to Xensource: I've sought decent clients for similar such access, but what I've found open source has been like Nagios management gui's: a lot of unfinished "great ideas" and abondonware.