Re: [Xen-users] How to access the console

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Tony Hoyle <tmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:39:08 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:34:47 -0700

shacky wrote:
I need SSH access to the domUs if their network interfaces or their SSH server doesn't work. I need to have a web page that lets the customers to connect to their virtual machines if there is a problem that doesn't let them to access by SSH using the public IP address of the VM (for example a wrong iptables configuration that blocks the port 22. In practise, i need a web interface that uses the "xm console" command of Xen.

It's much easier to setup ssh to the host box with special accounts locked down with 'xm console' as their shell, rather than trying to get web access to do this. The host I use for offsite stuff does this & it's really handy if the server dies for some reason.

Tony