From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
tygrawy@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 3:39 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows uder XEN doesn't boot...

> So, Your Linux is also installed on /dev/sda? I would saz this >will
>be ot possible to boot, because from mz opinion xen wants to have >an
>exclusive access to the writable device -dev-sda, what is ot
>possible, if
>the Dom0 already runs from this device.

Linux is on /dev/sda5 and swap is on /dev/sda6

Windows is on /dev/sda2

so maybe it will be possible to boot only from /dev/sda2?

please notice that I can boot second time from /dev/sda5 and linux
is starting again in the XEN window.

> It You would have the second disk /dev/sdb with Linux used as >Dom0,
>i this case I think this should work - atz least the boot. But hte
>problems
>come immediatelly after You boot to windows - because xen emulates
>all the
>devices in other way like is the physical HW of Your computer,
>which has bee
>already detected by the windows installation - so even if I did
>not test it
>with w2k3, I think, the boot process could very probably end with >the
>"bluescreen"...

maybe it will be possible to create second hardware profile and add
XEN drivers....?

__________ Informace od NOD32 2411 (20070721) __________

http://www.nod32.cz