[Xen-users] HVM disc image switching

I'm using Xen 3.1.0 on Debian etch, kernel 2.6.18-4-xen-amd64.

One of the guests runs Windows XP.  I am trying to install an
application (Autodesk Inventor) that spans two DVDs.

The config file for the domain in question contains:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/volgrp0/halebopp,ioemu:hda,w', ',hdc:cdrom,r' ]

I ran "xm block-list halebopp --long" and noted that the virtual optical
disc drive had an ID of 5632.

I ran "xm block-detach halebopp 5632 -f" and then "xm block-attach
halebopp file:/path/to/disc1.iso /dev/hdc r".  The disc image was then
available inside Windows.  So far, so good.

I then ran "xm block-detach ...", right-clicked the drive in Windows
Explorer and clicked "Eject", and ran "xm block-attach ..." with the
path to the second ISO specified.

At this point, Windows still showed the contents of disc #1, even with a
refresh.

I followed these suggestions to no avail:
  http://tinyurl.com/35ghhx

These instructions didn't help either:
  http://tinyurl.com/3xlymb

"xenstore-read /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/3/5632/params" reports that
the second disc image is loaded, but the guest OS is not reflecting this
change.  Something (Xen, qemu, Windows, etc.) seems to be broken here.

If I specify an ISO file directly in the Xen .cfg file for this host and
reboot it, the image is updated properly, but that doesn't help in my
current situation.

Am I missing something?  Thanks.

--
Kevin DeGraaf