Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch DomU on SUSE SLES 10.SP1 Dom0

On Fri Jul 27, 2007 at 15:37:45 +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:

> The problem with the SuSE thing is, it seems hard to find the list of
> minimal needed packages - how will/did you solve this?

  I used trial and error.  There aren't too many packages which
 are required so it was mostly a matter of getting yum, then
 seeing which .so files were complained about when you tried
 to run a binary...

> Did you already test rinse running on other distributions(assuming you
> run it mostly on Debian)?

  Tested on Ubuntu + Debian only.  It almost certainly will fail
 upon other hosts, since it uses 'alien' as a middle-step.

  Still that can be fixed.  I just need some process to unpack
 a .rpm file without using rpm directly and I'm sure some magic
 combination of ar, etc, will allow that to work.

Steve
--
# Commercial Debian GNU/Linux Support
http://www.linux-administration.org/