[Xen-users] OpenSuSE 10.2 Xen dom0 VNCViewer problem: Network is unreachable

Hello,

I am using the Xen package that comes with OpenSUSE 10.2 (Xen
Hypervisor). I used all the default settting when installing a Xen
SuSE Linux VM (dom1) except I enabled the vnc=1 and textmode=0, so
I can see the graphics console using the VNCViewer. I am installing
the VM dom1 from the OpenSuSE 10.2 installation CD. During the dom1
installation process, a text console pops up showing the VNC server
in dom1 starting and the showing the required parameters one would
need to open a graphics console to dom1 as follows:

" starting VNC server ...
A log file will be written to /var/log/YaST2/vncserver.log ...

*** You can connect to 10.0.1.12, display :1 now with vncviewer
*** Or use a Java capable browser on http://10.0.1.12:5801/

(When YaST2 is finished, closed your VNC viewer and return to this
window.)
*** Starting YaST2 *** "

Following the instructions, I then open a console in Dom0 and
entered this command:

vncviewer 10.0.1.12:1 <enter>

I then got the message below:

vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Network is unreachable

I tried various variation of the vncviewer command
e.g. vncviewer 10.0.1.12::5801,
but I always got the same "Network is unreachable" message above.

I tried to ping 10.0.1.12 (this is the dom1 static IP address) from
dom0,
I still got the same "connect: Network is unreachable" message
above.
What is wrong with my networking? It is the default setting.

Running the route command on dom0 shows the following result:
route<enter>
Kernel Ip routing table
Destination Gateway     Genmask       Flags    Metric  Ref  Use
Iface
loopback    *           255.0.0.0     U        0       0      0  lo

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Henry M.

--
Click to learn how to make millions with hedge funds
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dPMpNjU7BtcPMSkiZffIRKxOd0gclqgzyso4zn6qzqYgdIa/