Re: [Xen-users] GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0 motherboard HVM support

Hi Allix,

Allix Davis schrieb:
I have the GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0 and do not see in the bios a
option to enable virtualization.

I had this problem myself and first of all you should try to contact Gigabyte Tech-Support, regarding your problem, though I guess you'll get the same answer as me: We do not support Virtualization :-/

I have the FA bios installed, does anyone know if its available on the FB bios or a way to enable it?

I found a solution myself, but I can't tell you if it works for you too. I used a tool to modify the binary bios-file and found out that the virtualization option is hidden and disabled. With this tool I reenabled the Virtualization feature and the flash procedure went fine. So, now I'm able to run HVM machines under Xen.

I need to say that this method is very dirty and if anything goes wrong you can't held me responsible for anything. But I am willing to help if you decide to take the risk. For me and a friend of mine everything went fine.

I will check your bios-file within the hour and will come back to you with an answer regading if it's possible or not.

Greetz Age_M