Von: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Stefan Berner
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. August 2007 11:31
An: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Xen-users] Network problem with Debian Etch and Xen

Dear all,

I have a network driver problem with my xen installation on a Debian Etch
System. I downloaded the source of xen 3.1 and I´ve installed xen with
make world && make install mkinitrd.yaird ... and update-grub. So far
everything works expect the networkdriver for the Asus P5B. I known
theoretically I´ve to load the r8169 driver and everything should work
work but I doesn´t.

I´ve also created a self configured kernel with only a biuild in driver
for the network card. If I execute dmesg I can see that the e100 driver is
loaded but no other driver(also if I remove the driver from the kernel).

Do you have an idea what´s going wrong? Maybe it´s a very stupid mistake
but I can´t see it.

Thanks a lot.

Stefan

part of dmesg output:
.
.
.
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 16384K size 1024 blocksize
loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
HP CISS Driver (v 3.6.10)
pcnet32.c:v1.32 18.Mar.2006 tsbogend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
e100: Intel(R) PRO/100 Network Driver, 3.5.10-k2-NAPI
e100: Copyright(c) 1999-2005 Intel Corporation
tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Xen virtual console successfully installed as ttyS0
.
.
.
part of lspci:

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)

--

Dipl. phys. Stefan Berner
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum

Tel.: +49 89 35831 8752