Re: [Xen-users] HVM or not HVM?

> In a VPS environment (a dom0 which hosts some domU used as VPS by some
> customers, and you don't know what customers do with the domUs), do
> you think it is better to use HVM domU or non-HVM domUs?

HVM will give you greater flexibility in terms of what guest OSes you can
offer to customers (e.g. non-Linux, maybe older Linux, etc).

PV should achieve better per-guest performance, and therefore let you run more
doms on a physical server whilst still maintaining decent performance
overall.

If you offer HVM Linux, you can still use PV drivers in it.  I think there
might be PV drivers available for Linux 2.4 guests, even.

If you really want flexibility (albeit at the cost of added admin work) then
you could offer a selection of options, depending on the customer.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!