[Xen-users] xen image problem on CentOS 5

I downloaded the knowledge tree appliance(Raw Filesystem Image) from

 http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/knowledgetree/release?id=5774

I’ve tried various cfg file scenarios but I still get the cannot mount

Ive been able to build my own xen file images and boot them but I’v never been able to boot pre-made appliances.

I’ve tried hda1,sda1 etc because i’ve see others around the net with similar problems but I’ve not been able to get it resolved.

Error Msg:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(0,0)

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

ConfigFile:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen"

memory = 512

name = "ktree"

vif = [ '' ]

ip = "xx.xx.xx.xx"

disk = ['file:/var/lib/xen/images/KTree.img,sda1,w']

root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

vcpus=2

This is the config file generated when I created my own xen vm but it does not work when I adapt it to work with appliances.

name = "CentOS_I386_node0"

memory = "500"

disk = [ 'tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/CentOS_I386_node0,xvda,w', ]

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:36:5b:e6, bridge=xenbr0', ]

vfb = ["type=vnc,vncunused=1"]

uuid = "4c2d6734-286f-689b-111a-e46139748a57"

bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

vcpus=2

on_reboot   = 'restart'

on_crash    = 'restart

Brian Hammond,
Senior Programmer,IT

The statements and opinions expressed in this email are my own and may not represent those of Four Seasons Solar Products LLC or subsidiary Companies. The preceding email message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, disclosure, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

"The statements and opinions expressed in this email are my own and may not represent those of Four
Seasons Solar Products LLC or affiliated Companies. The preceding email message (including any