Re: [Xen-users] vtpm_manager can't run twice in a row

Fischer, Anna wrote:

> I have been using the vtpm_manager without any problems, and it works
> fine to kill it with control-c (see my attached log file). I can start
> and stop it frequently like that, and it never shows me any errors.
>
>> Or is this an
>> error specific to me?
>
> It would eventually be helpful to know some more details on what you're
> actually doing, how you've taken ownership of the TPM, what TPM you're
> using, and also what Xen and what vtpm_manager version you run. Also, I
> would recommend to forward this problem to the xense-devel list, as you
> would be much more likely to find help from people on that list.

As I've mentioned above, I let vtpm_managerd take control of the TPM.
In other words, I clear the TPM, run vtpm_managerd, and vtpm_managerd
takes control of the TPM.  I'm using Dell Optiplex 745s.

neon:/sys/class/misc/tpm0/device$ sudo cat ./id
ATM1200
PNP0c31

Manufacturer: 0x41544d4c
TCG version: 1.2
Firmware version: 13.5

Basically, a 1.2 atmel TPM, but I have problems on a 1.1 atmel as well (
in a precision 345).

I have the same problem in all versions of vtpm_managerd, including,
most recently, xen-unstable (as of today) and xen-testing-3.1 (as of 2
weeks ago).

> > would recommend to forward this problem to the xense-devel list, as you
> > would be much more likely to find help from people on that list.

Thanks - I didn't know about this list.

--
Luke