Re: [Xen-users] Windows 2000/XP 32 bits on Xen 3.0.3 on Debian Etch 64 bits

On Sun September 23 2007 1:46:02 pm Eric Veiras Galisson wrote:
> It seems that after 3 days trying different solutions and searching on
> the web, I finally found the good solution: this
> (http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-01/msg01390.html)
> indicated me that my 'cdrom' directive is deprecated and i need to
> indicate the iso file in the 'disk' one.
>
> So, it works now, Win2000 is currently installing. Great...

The thrust of that thread resolution is that the 'cdrom=' directive is
deprecated, not that you can't use real cdrom devices in your disk array. If
your drive and disks are sufficiently reliable, it should work. The disks
I've burned myself tend not to be terribly reliable in my drive, but I've had
no problems with professionally burned media. Xen 3.1.0, WinXP HVM guest.