[Xen-users] cannot install via network or USB

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Allen Unrau <allen.unrau@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:27:34 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:26:46 -0700

I am trying to install Xen on an IBM 336 server. This machine doesn’t have a CD. I managed to get the PXE process working (boot and tfp file transfer), except I got a kernel panic after install.img loaded. I tried copying the files off the install CD onto a USB stick, and making it bootable with Syslinux, but that just stalled at a boot: prompt. I can boot the server up with a copy of DamnSmallLinux on my USB stick.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Allen Unrau

allen.unrau@xxxxxxx

(204) 480-3553

"Creative, interactive communication ... a dynamic medium that can be contributed to and experimented with by all."

- J.C.R. Licklider, the Defence Department official who commissioned the early research that led to the Net