[Xen-users] how to install Windows without hardware support

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "suyash jape" <suyashjape@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:53:36 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:24:27 -0700

Hi all
1) Is installing Windows on non-VT hardware possible....in full virtualization mode.?
  Its clear that windows cannot be installed in paravirtualized mode without VT hardware support. But can we install windows VMs in full virtualization mode ( like VMware or Qemu )  in Xen.
What if someone cannot afford VT hardware and still wants to virtualize his data center with Xen.
and is ready to take the performance hit , just for his Windows VMs.

For this , do we have to use Qemu separately?
Can we incoporate these emulated Windows VMs with the other Xen VMs(linux VMs ) for Xen VM management, considering only non -VT hardware.

Thanks
 Suyash