Re: [Xen-users] Converting Debian image to para-virtual

Hi,

I think should hopefully be able to boot it with your dom0 kernel and initrd by copying your kernel modules from /lib/modules on dom0 to the domU. Then its just a case of seting up a config file (and possibly the networking config in your domU) which basicaly would look like.

#  -*- mode: python; -*-
kernel = "/boot/<dom0-kernel>"
ramdisk = "/boot/<dom0-initrd>"
memory = 128
name = "<dom-name>"
vif = ['bridge=xenbr0']
disk = ['file:/<path/to/domU.img>,hda1,w','file:</path/to/domU-swap.img>,hda2,w']
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
extra = "4

just replace anything including and between < > and make sure you pass the disk options that reflect the fstab (hda1 etc..) in your domU and the root= is correct.

regards.
Geoff.

Robin Bowes wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to run a VMware image as a para-virtualised xen guest.

The VMWare image is here: http://wiki.opengarden.org/ (grab the Deki
Wiki VM)

I've successfully converted the VDK file into an image file using qemu-img.

I'm running FC6 as the xen host and the image I want to run as a guest
is Debian with a 2.6.18-4-686 kernel. The host is a dual PIII machine
and can not do fully-virtual guests.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to convert this image to run as a
para-virtual guest?

Thanks,

R.