Re: [Xen-users] are Xen 3.1.0 kernels CVE-2007-4573 vulnerable

> > You suggest "using your distro-provided one" but of course Red Hat
> > only provides Xen 3.0.3, not Xen 3.1 which I need to run 64-bit host
> > and 32-bit (or 64-bit) clients.
> >
> > NO, TRY FEDORA 8 / RAWHIDE WITH LASTED XEN 3.1
>
> I believe kernels compiled for xen 3.0.3 can run on xen 3.1. So if you use
> : - Xen 3.1
> - RHEL5 as domU or dom0
> - same 64-bit or 32-bit for Xen/dom0/domU
>
> then you can use RHEL kernels.

Yes, that should work.

> When you need to run 32 bit domU on the above scenario, I'd prefer to
> use 64-bit RHEL kernel with 32 bit userland.

In PV mode you can run 32-bit PAE guest kernels (as long as either your Xen
and / or kernels are new enough for this feature) directly on a 64-bit HV, so
this configuration shouldn't be necessary anymore.

Obviously, in HVM you can still run anything "equal or less than" the host
Xen's memory model.

Cheers,
Mark

> Regards,