Re: [Xen-users] How to tell which tapX interface belongs to which domain...

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:36:39PM +1000, James Harper wrote:
> I've put together a script to get the traffic counters for a given vm
> interface (eg "vmif_traffic <domain> <if index>") and it works great
> except when the interface backend is ioemu, because all the traffic goes
> through the tapX interface instead of the vif interface.

I'm just doing the same, and besides not getting i/o yet i also miss the
number of tap-interfaces, would fit into 'xm list -l <domain>' output.
An idea to get the mapping could be to have a look on what tap-interfaces
are in use bevore domain-creation and after, the interfaces in use now
are the ones belonging to the domain.

Had a look at the filehandles that are open for /dev/net/tun and the
qemu-dm processed, and at the logfiles, without better hints.

Christian