Re: [Xen-users] Username Parameter in the Xen Config File

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 09:21:24PM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Christian Horn schreef:
> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 04:11:47PM +0200, Omer Khalid wrote:
> >> We have X number of users for our test bed, and for the moment we have kept
> >> their SSH keys in the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file on the images. Now we
> >> would like to restrict access to the user who deployed the virtual machine.
> >> I am wondering if it's possible to pass some kind of shell script or
> >> another
> >> username parameter in the xen configuration file to execute when the image
> >> boots up.
> >
> > Sounds like a job for xen-shell:
> > http://www.xen-tools.org/software/xen-shell/
>
> That idea is nice, but isn't it strange Xen has no native support for
> this. So a form of limits per allowed user?

Maybe what you want could be done by adding the parameter 'extra' with some
value to your usual call of 'xm create <xen-config>'.
That could later get evaluated by a bootscript in the domU, the 'value' from
above will come up in /proc/cmdline there.

Christian