Re: [Xen-users] SOlaris 10 HVM guest under rhel5 host

Hi,

I have some Solaris 10 HVM guests running on AMD CPUs with Xen 3.1 on Debian. At the moment the only way to run realtime OS is with AMD CPUs.

If you want more accurate information you can read at:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenIntro

search "Vmxloader"

Another point to take care is the performance, your Solaris guests will be very I/O bound? HVM guests uses qemu to emulate devices drivers as nic, vbd and performance could be a problem.

Regards,

Marc

C. L. Martinez wrote:
Hi all,

Somebody have tried to run Solaris 10 HVM guest under rhel5 host?? Any hints or problems?? I need to install one for our customer next week, and I don't want surprises ...

many thanks.