Re: [Xen-users] Xen for IBM 970MP

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 08:27:35 Ashok Hegde wrote:
> Thanks Jon,
> I think support is there on PPC as google took me to:
> http://xen.xensource.com/files/xs0106_xen_on_powerpc.pdf

Hi Ashok,
But not for any release of SUSE Linux - whether that be SLES or openSUSE
I'm afraid. I'm not aware of any project internally to implement Xen on
the SUSE PowerPC release either, so I can only imagine the hassle that
would be involved in patching a PPC release of SUSE to get it to work
with Xen.

The presentation you linked to also has links to the Xen wiki for PPC:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPPC?action=show&redirect=Xen%2FPPC

It would indicate that the project is still live, and has completed a
lot of the code to make Xen functional (not all committed upstream
though), but I wouldn't be comfortable introducing it to a production
environment. If you're thinking of using it with SLES 10, you'll be
miles away from a supportable configuration too :-)

Jon