[Xen-users] Seeking cluster infos/Xen Enterprise

Hello,

I just become in charge of the network achitecture of my company.
This infrastructure is composed of 5 servers under "Windows 2003 server" linked together with an optical switch. All the servers' hardware are differents (some are SMP), but all use Intel VT compatible compatible processors.
We also have a SAN linked with Fiber Channel.
Here is the situation.

For the moment, everything is OK, but as you may know, in order to avoid some futures problems, I would like to migrate to a virtualization solution based on Xen. After consulting numerous websites on the subject, it seems that this kind of solution plainly suits my needs, but I still have some questions.

Here is my vision of the ideal solution:
- VM images are stored on the SAN.
- Ressources (processor, RAM) of my servers are cumulated (ie. seen as a single machine). - Ressources can be dynamically affected to each VM (no restart of the VM needed).
- Ressources used by a VM can be provided by different physical computer.

For ex, I have 5 useable servers:
- 2 SMP with 4 Go of RAM (each)
- 3 "normal" with 1Go of RAM (each)
I want to be able affect:
- 5 processors (or 75% of the proc. ressource) and 10 Go of RAM to the VM1,
- 1 processor and 512Mo of RAM for VM2,
- ...

1) The problem is that I don't know if this "ressource agregation" (global view) is possible or not. 2) If it is possible, does it need to install a linux cluster before installing Xen ? If so, is there any linux cluster distro. recommended ? Redhat Cluster Suite ? Suse ? another one ? If not, is Xen able to agregate ressources alone ? if so, which version ? Xen enterprise ?

3) According to the docs I found, it seems that this ressources affectation is available when we use a single physical computer, buy not on a pool of computers (even on the commercial version of Xen). Am I right ?

Another questions:
4) - Are the commercial Xen products (Xen Enterprise) a full Linux distro ? or only a soft which sit on a top of Linux install ?
5) - if I have to install a Linux distro as dom0, is there any recommended ?
6) - is it simple to add a new computer to increase the amount af ressources available for the VM ?
7) - is there any P2V tools integrated to Xen ?

Thanks for your knowledge, experiences, and urls.

Jeremy