Re: [Xen-users] xfs problems with xen3.1 on domu

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:53:17PM -0500, John McMonagle wrote:
<snip>
>  They seem to recommend nobarrrier on hardware raid so maybe this is the
>  correct setting.
Only if write-cache is disabled or the raid has battery-backed ram.

> >>  Problem 2
> >>
> >>  If I run a 32 bit domu with a 64 bit kernel quota does not work
<snip>

> > Yes, this is a bug removed in recent kernels.
>  I tried debian 2.6.18-5 kernel and tried kernel from xen binary
>  distribution. Both are the same.

By recent kernels, I mean greater than 2.6.21. I don't know exactly
which version, but I remember seeing a patch about that recently.

AFAIK, Xen kernels are still at 2.6.18, but your distribution may have a
more recent one (Fedora does).

<snip>
> >>  To me looks more like a mixed environment problem?
> >>  In this case don't want to go 64 bit yet also need quota.
> >>  Can one run a 32 bit xen kernel under 64 bit dom0?
> >>

> > Yes, on Xen >= 3.1.
> >
>  Was not working but I tried 32 bit kernel from the xen 3.1 binary
>  distribution and now 32 bit domu   works.
>  It would be nice if they didn't name all the kernels the same.
>  It took a little ingenuity to build an initrd.
>  Is this a good solution?

I can't really comment authoritatively.

As long as it works and is stable, it's a solution. :)

--
lfr
0/0