Re: [Xen-users] GLX and Xen

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 17:17:22 Markus Mehrwald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this is maybe not the right mailinglist but hopefully anyone can
> help me anyway.
> I need OpenGL for VTK. The problem is, that I am not able to install the
> NVIDIA driver for the xen kernel. Is there any other possibility to get
> OpenGL or does anyone know how to get VTK running on a xen kenerl
> machine? Maybe there is a patch for the driver I did not find yet?

Hi Markus,
I'm afraid this is probably going to be disappointing news, but so far as I'm
aware this doesn't work - due to the changes required for the Xen kernel. The
one ray of hope is there is a page:
http://en.opensuse.org/Use_Nvidia_driver_with_Xen
which seems to imply that it can work. I don't have an nVidia system set up
with Xen at the moment, but I know of colleagues who have tried to follow
these instructions and not been able to get it to work. Hopefully you have
better luck.

Regards,
Jon