[Xen-users] trouble with xm save --checkpoint

Hi!

I'm having trouble checkpointing a virtual machine running in HVM
mode.  Perhaps someone can point out what I am doing wrong?

Using xm save --checkpoint, I can create a checkpoint file and restore
from that file later.  My problem is this: when I xm save, I expect
the virtual machine to keep running.  Instead, its window disappears
from my desktop.

The virtual machine still shows up in xm list output, but I don't know
how to see or interact with it other than to give up and xm destroy
it.  xm shutdown doesn't remove it from the xm list output, xm destroy
does.

I've built from source retrieved from the xen-3.1-testing repository
on 24 October 2007.  Domain 0 is running Debian GNU/Linux stable with
the Xen kernel I built.  My virtual machine is running Debian GNU/Linux
stable.  Captured output follows:

# xm create virtualDebian
Using config file "/etc/xen/virtualDebian".
Started domain virtualDebian
# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1536     2     r-----    466.1
virtualDebian                                1   128     1     -b----     13.8
# xm save --checkpoint 1 mycheckpoint

(virtualDebian's window disappears at this point.)

# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1536     2     r-----    479.0
virtualDebian                                1   128     1     ------     14.3
# xm shutdown 1
# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1536     2     r-----    526.2
virtualDebian                                1   128     1     ------     14.3
# xm destroy 1
# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1536     2     r-----    528.2

Thanks,

- Tim Fraser