[Xen-users] Desperate :( DomU with kernel in Dom0

Hello, maybe I'm stupid but I find no way to have the kernel in Dom0 instead of DomU for Centos 5.

Here is what I did:
Regular Centos 5 Dom0 install, then creating a LVM group (vms) and install DomU with virt-install works perfectly:
virt-install --p --location=http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/i386 --file=/dev/vms/centos5_data --name=centos5 --ram=512 --nographics

I get a working domU but the config file has no kernel or ramdisk parameter and the kernel seems to be inside DomU

I created my own cfg then, using this parameter:

kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz'
ramdisk     = '/boot/initrd.img'
root        = '/dev/xvda ro'
name = "centos"
memory = "512"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vms/centos_data,xvda,w', 'phy:/dev/vms/centos_swap,xvdb,w',]
vif = [ 'mac=00:64:18:20:52:07, bridge=xenbr0', ]
vcpus = 1

on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

For vmlinuz I tried a copy of Dom0's kernel, the kernel copied from inside the DomU as well as the downloaded kernel file from here:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/i386/images/xen/

For initrd.img I tried
a copy of Dom0's ramdisk, the ramdisk copied from inside the DomU as well as the downloaded ramdisk file from kernel.org.
I even tried building a ramdisk with:

/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd.img 2.6.18-8.el5xen --with=netfront --with=blkfront  --with=sd_mod --with=scsi_mod

Nothing helps, the result is always:

mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

then

switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

...well not always, if I use the ramdisk downloaded from kernel.org, I get a installation procedure (asking for language, skip media check and so on).

What have I done wrong?

Thank you very much for any help here!
Robin