Re: [Xen-users] xen + centos + areca raid issues

> > Try looking for xmexample.hvm: /etc/xen/examples/xmexample.hvm in SuSE,
> > /etc/xen/xmexample.hvm in fedora.
>
> Since i don't have access to either of them, i can't look at them. Moreover
> i installed a PV domain, using virt-manager in centos.

Well, they're available in CentOS too - the location is the same as on Fedora.
It's actually quite handy to look at the various xmexample files for details
of the syntax and the options available.  Even though I work on Xen all the
time, I still do it occasionally when trying out new features.

Anyhow, possibly the difference is that before you were using a
CentOS-customised Xen kernel which had certain preset defaults compiled in.
virt-manager is primarily a RHEL / CentOS / Fedora tool, so perhaps it
assumes these defaults and doesn't create entries for them?

Since you're using 3rd party (i.e. XenSource) provided kernels, they probably
provide different defaults which therefore need overriding with those
options.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.