Re: [Xen-users] Can't create my seventh xen vm on rhel5

On Tue Nov 13, 2007 at 12:00:04 +0100, Daniele Piaggesi wrote:

>    I'm a sysadmin and I've installed on my server Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
>    to use its xen embedded with six virtual machines just created and
>    running. Now I have a problem: when I attempt to create my seventh virtual
>    machine, xen gives me this error:

  Probably you've run out of loop devices.

  Something like this should fix it:

  shutdown all guests.
  rmmod loop
  echo 'options loop max_loop=255' > /etc/modprobe.d/loop.local
  modprobe loop

  Look for this afterwards:

   dmesg |grep loop
   loop: loaded (max 255 devices)