Re: [Xen-users] Error: The privileged domain did not balloon! after reboot of Dom0, it just works

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
Hi,

I try to setup a linux ha based cluster, managing virtual Xen domU resources. When the cluster is up for e.g. a day or two, and then I want to move the Xen domU's from one host to another, I get the following errors in the logfile:

lrmd[9971]: 2007/11/12_11:20:53 info: RA output: (NFS_SW:start:stderr) Error: The privileged domain did not balloon!

This also happens when I then try to start the domU instance via xm create When I then reboot the dom0, then xm create works fine again without problems. So this behaviour is useless, when it comes to a fail-over in the cluster after a week or so. When both cluster nodes started up, the migration of the resources from one host to another work well.
Is there a way to prevent this failure, sth. I can do?

Try limiting dom0s memory so it does not have to balloon. This is done in your boot manager:
/boot/grub/menu.lst
title XEN3.1.0
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/xen-3.1.0.gz dom0_mem=256M dom0_vcpus_pin
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen root=/dev/sda1
module /boot/initrd-2.6.18-xen

Regards
Dominik