Re: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Ivan Porro schrieb:
I totally agree with Luc Boudreau about this problem.

On modern branded server they ALL use Broadcom chipset... I must admit that:

a) lot of people are experiencing the problem but can tolerate it

or

b) someone already experienced this problem and solved it

Too bad you started a new topic without even trying to describe what your problem with broadcom chipsets is?

I'm running Xen 3.1 (2.6.18 kernel), compiled from sources, on HP ProLiant DL320 G3. It uses tg3 for its network cards.

Works fine.

06:01.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10) 06:01.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

Tomasz,

my post was based on earlier posts by me and others. I changed the subject for readiness, and maybe I missed an introductory statement such as:

I'm one of the user who is in trouble with Xen on a server with Broadcom based networking.

Please, if you are experiencing heavy packet loss, ssh or terminal server session interrupted, intermittent network participate in this survey.

Otherwise, if you have a Broadcom and it work fine (are you sure? :) ) please participate too, so we may isolate the problem.

Thank you,

Ivan

--
http://www.bio.dist.unige.it