RE: [Xen-users] Migration of XEN instance on different hardware

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "[STD]Ein" <ein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:09:10 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:09:56 -0800

There are limitations.  If you are migrating a domU from Host A to Host B,
Host B must support all hardware caps that the domU was aware of on Host A.
There was (is?) some discussion of developing a filtering scheme to provide
the lowest common denominator of capabilities to domU's in a network of
Hosts, but I'm not sure if that got off the ground.  The other manner to
support migration to differing hosts us to define an architecture in your
domU that results in only the capabilities available on all Hosts being
used.