Re: [Xen-devel] how to make checkpoint for a PV vm , while maintain it running ?

On Wednesday, 21 November 2007 at 21:24, tgh wrote:
> hi
>  I have tried to make checkpoint for a PV vm with"xm save -c dom1
> /tmp/dom1 "in xen-3.1.0,the ckeckpoint file could be used to restore the
> vm, but the vm do not continue to run ,after "xm save -c dom1
> /tmp/dom1",the vm could not be accessed through console ,could not be
> shutdown using"xm shutdown dom1" and could not be pinged from dom0,  but
> "xm destroy dom1" could work,
>  should  some configures  be  set before "xm save -c ",or what should i
> do to make a vm checkpoint, while maintain the checkpointed vm running?

I've just tried this on Xen 3.1.2 and it seems to work fine. So I'd suggest
first
upgrading Xen, and then if you still have problems, build xen with debug=y
verbose=y
and see if anything turns up in xend.log or /var/log/daemon or the guest
console.