Re: [Xen-users] Slackware 12 DomU NIC increments on each start

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:14:02 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:20:11 -0800

Hi Florian,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 01:22:24AM +0100, Florian Heigl wrote:

[MAC address selection]

> This is a functionality best placed with Xen
> - as half of it is already there
> - as xend is the best thing to query other members in
> clustered/load-balanced setups
> - as there is NO point in everyone being asked to handle it manually
> or hack scripts
> - as it will save time for everyone.

I'd be happy with that as long as there is still a way to override
it.  I have more than one dom0 on the same LAN so I need to keep my
MAC address assignments in a database.  In theory one dom0 could be
made to query all others, but I see the open source version of Xen
to be just one (admittedly major) building block of a larger system
and it does not need to do everything.

Cheers,
Andy