Re: [Xen-users] Disable SMP and assign each OS to direct access CPU

Please reply to the list, not directly to me. There should be a lot of people in the list who can answer these questions better than me.

IMHO, If the OS/hypervisor can detect the cpu cores, you should definitely be able to assign.

Stephen Neoh wrote:
In that case, as i know, each physical core has it's own id. Can i assign a specific core id to a domU/domO?

On Nov 28, 2007 6:03 PM, Sadique Puthen < sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Stephen Neoh wrote:
    > I'm quite new to XEN here. I got a question to ask about the XEN
    > configuration. Is it possible to disable the SMP function on the
    dom0
    > and assign each single domU to have direct access on the multicore
    > processor like Intel Quadcore?

    Yes, Edit /etc/xend/xend-config.sxp and use (dom0-cpus x) to assign a
    single cpu to dom0.

    For domus, define vcpus = x and cpus = x in guest configuration
    file to
    assign a single core or cpu to a guest. See /etc/xen/xmexample1
    for more
    details.

    --Sadique

    <http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users>

--
Red Hat Software Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
6th Floor, East Wing

Mobile +919890354236
Tel: +91 20 40057363

If you want things you've never had, you have to do things you've never done.