Re: [Xen-users] Pxe boot of xen image via a pxe menu

I am now using 3.1.1 and do not experience this problem anymore, just to inform the list.

Bas van der Vlies wrote:
Xen version used: 3.1.0

When we when create a xen image it first does a pxe boot. So we can
instruct a xen image what todo, eg install debian via systemimager. When
the install finish it will fetch the default pxe config file. The default
pxe config file will display a menu system and the user can select an
action, default is to boot from local hardisk.

Our problem is that the xen image does a pxe boot and crashes in displaying
the menu structure. Can the rtl8139 network driver handle this?

Regards

default.menu:
DEFAULT menu.c32
# You can also load a background image if you use
# DEFAULT vesamenu.c32
# MENU BACKGROUND Logo.jpg

PROMPT 0

# Wait 5 seconds unless the user presses a button, but always boot after
900 seconds.
TIMEOUT 50
TOTALTIMEOUT 9000

MENU TITLE PXE menu from TFTP server

label harddisk
         menu label Boot from local harddisk
         kernel chain.c32
         append hd0

# Remember: Config files (such as centos.conf) are relative to /tftpboot/
#

label SystemImagerMenu
         menu label SystemImager Linux cloning menu
         kernel menu.c32
         append SystemImager/menu.conf

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@xxxxxxx      *

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@xxxxxxx      *