[Xen-users] Problems with fedora 7 paravirtualize

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fedora-xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "neohtm" <neohtm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:23:07 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:24:16 -0800

I’m using Fedora 7 with xen’s virt-manager. I’d manage to install a full virtualized WinXp domU after changing the settings in .xml files. Now I would like to try to install the paravirtualize fedora 7 using virt-manager

I’m using this install media address > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/

And the virt-manager console was managed to show up the installation screen. After the normal steps of the installation, the console was hanged when it shows the ‘Retrieving image2’

I even had tried to used the Fedora 7 installation DVD as the installation media but it’s cant detect the cdrom when the installation begins. I’d googled and find out that I can export the DVD using a FTP/NFS/HTTP from dom0 host, but how to do this?

According to Sadique, the Fedora 8 seems to have a better and easy virt-manager to manipulate the Xen virtualization. How to upgrade the fedora 7’s virt-manager to fedora 8’s?

--Stephen Neohtm,Malaysia