Re: [Xen-users] Problems with fedora 7 paravirtualize

neohtm wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Sadique Puthen [mailto:sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 3:22 PM
To: neohtm
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems with fedora 7 paravirtualize

neohtm wrote:
I'm using Fedora 7 with xen's virt-manager. I'd manage to install a full virtualized WinXp domU after changing the settings in .xml files. Now I would like to try to install the paravirtualize fedora 7 using virt-manager

I'm using this install media address > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/

And the virt-manager console was managed to show up the installation screen. After the normal steps of the installation, the console was hanged when it shows the 'Retrieving image2'

It's most probably a network issue.

I even had tried to used the Fedora 7 installation DVD as the installation media but it's cant detect the cdrom when the installation begins. I'd googled and find out that I can export the DVD using a FTP/NFS/HTTP from dom0 host, but how to do this?

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_108_10484.shtm

explains how to set up an nfs repo. Specify - nfs:<ip of dom0>:/nfs - when virt-manager asks for the installation source.

I'd try that but still the console shows "That directory could not be
mounted from the server"
I even had disable the firewall and SELinux at dom0. Is there any more
setting that I need to be done for the nfs server settings?

Switch to Alt + F3 of the guest installation screen and see what messages you see there. Also switch to Alt + F2 and try to manually mount the nfs share from the shell and identify the problem.

--Sadique

--Sadique

According to Sadique, the Fedora 8 seems to have a better and easy virt-manager to manipulate the Xen virtualization. How to upgrade the fedora 7's virt-manager to fedora 8's?

--Stephen Neohtm,Malaysia