Re: [Xen-users] Converting the full-virtualization to para-virtualize

I don't know whether there's a convenient tool for this.

I did once from a standalone machine (no PV in that case).
Basically you have to install a domU kernel and copy the root files to the new
root accessible directly by dom0 (no partition tables, no bootloader) and
change files such as /etc/fstab and the initrd.

If your dom0 is the same OS as the domU, things may be a bit easier.
Perhaps just copying the files, modifying fstab then chrooting and installing
the domU kernel will be enough (no manual changes to inittrd).
I never tried this specifically, though.

If you're able to configure the OS by hand, and your dom0 is also a Fedora OS
you can simply:
$ rpm --root=/your/domU/root -ivh blah blahblah blah blah
Then, when things are done and your domU is fully funcional you may simply
copy the root contents as a skeleton for future domUs you may want to create
in the future.

--
 Daniel Mealha Cabrita
 Divisao de Suporte Tecnico