Re: [Xen-users] freely available vmware converter like application?

you could use dd+netcat and you cna clone anything.

start with a linux live CD on the PC where you have windows installed.
OR just attach the windows disk to a linux PC then prepare another Linux machine (your dom0) on the network a file where you will host your windows HVM virtualized system.

use dd to read the windows partition (for example /dev/hda) and with netcat you just inject the dd read bytes to your linux machine (dom0) with a netcat server listening and redirect it
into a file that will become at the end your  Windows boot image file.

I did not try it yet but I  plan to do it soon.

Rick

Emre Erenoglu ha scritto:
Hi,

I would like to convert a physical windows system (my notebook for example) to XEN HVM domU. Is it possible using some freely available tool? (just like vmware converter).

Thanks,

--
Emre Erenoglu
erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>