[Xen-users] Xen PV drivers for FreeBSD

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Igor Chubin <igor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:59:57 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:56:34 -0800

Hello,

Does anybody know something about Xen PV drivers for FreeBSD?

As far as I know there are no stable
Xen PV-drivers for FreeBSD at the moment.
But what about experimental drivers?

Please, if you have any information
about this, tell it.

I think it would be interesting not only
for me but for all who runs HVM domains
FreeBSD.

And the second question.

I run FreeBSD in domUs which work on host systems
with AMD CPUs only.

I could not run FreeBSD in HVM domain on
Intel-based host systems.

Has anybody successfully run FreeBSD in a HVM domain on Intel-based host?

The message [1] describes several FreeBSD kernel options
that should be disabled in order to make FreeBSD work
in a HVM domain. The message is not directly related to Intel-based
host systems, but may be disabling of listed options can help to
solve problems with the Intel-based systems too?

Thank you!

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-August/076400.html

--
WBR, i.m.chubin