Re: [Xen-users] /dev/xen/blktap0 already exists

Mark Williamson wrote:

>> I'm getting this message every time I start xend. If I go to /dev/xen,
>> there it is blktap0, but if I use tap:aio: option to load domU file, at
>> boot process I get a lot of errors, like "fd not found, patch aio_poll
>> not
>> implemented" or something like this.
>
> Blocktap relies on a Linux kernel patch implementing some AIO
> functionality
> which is shipped with the xen-unstable distribution.  It sounds like
> you're
> somehow missing that patch, but I'm not clear how that could have
> happened.
>
> Where did your Xen install come from?  Compiled yourself, distro kernel,
> or ... ?  Have you made any tweaks to the setup that might be relevant?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
>> Where can I search info about that? I found little info in google...
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Ignacio.
>

> --
> Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no pedals!
> Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
> Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
> Mark: My wheel has a wheel!

Hello,

I installed Gentoo 2007.0 from fresh, and then use #emerge xen to get
2.6.20-xen-r6 kernel, which I'm using. I tried with and without mactel
patches (I'm using Core 2 Duo Macbook), I made no other change to kernel
sources downloaded from gentoo ebuild. Xen is 3.1.2 version.

I can get it working with [phy:...] and [file:...], but no luck with
[tap:aio:...]

Thanks,

Ignacio.