[Xen-users] Xen: Time went backwards / Stability issues -- question on domain setup

Hello Ian,

in a xen-users post from October [1] you state that the
time-went-backwards issues you experienced went away as soon as you
changed the clocksource to jiffies in Domain0 *only*.  (system was a
Dual-Core Opteron)

Were all you Domain-Us single-VCPU-based, or did they have more than 1
VCPU?

I'm asking because I had a time-went-backwards problem with some old
version of Xen-3.0, and as soon as the second CPU core was turned off,
it went away.  Therefore I suspect there might be some correlation
between needing clocksource=jiffies and multi-/single-VCPU-based
systems.

Regards,
Milan

--
Milan Holzaepfel <mail(a)mjh(d)name>             <URL:http://mjh.name/>
pub  4096R/C790FC23  EB8E 5E81 81E3 53A9 9B74  B895 5179 54C0 C790 FC23