Re: [Xen-users] How to virtualize Xen itself?

> >> To further add to this question, Is it possible to run a "Xen server"
> >> inside a "Xen VM"?
> >
> > No.
>
> NO... because virtual machines run under a hypervisor, not "inside" a
> guest operating system... (knowing the reason helps understand the
> answer.)

Actually you can run a Xen with PV guests inside an HVM virtual machine hosted
by Xen.  I generally run a known-good Xen on my test machine and then run
development versions of Xen inside HVM virtual machines.

You *can't* run Xen in a PV domain for the reason Tom stated, so if you don't
have HVM-capable hardware this won't work.

It's not possible to run HVM-capable Xen *inside* an HVM virtual machine
because Xen can't currently support nesting HVM.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!