Re: [Xen-users] Multiple IP ranges

Technically adding a Subinterface of the main one will work, (If your using bridge) As the main interface will be bridged to peth0 veth0 xenbr0 etc and "just work"

Mitch
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Steve H" <hatfork@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Multiple IP ranges

Steve H wrote:
Hi all,

First of all I'm new to this list, apologies for any breach of etiquette by posting a question straight off the bat.

I have been allocated two distinct ranges of IP addresses, each with it's own gateway and netmask. However, I'd like to be use IP's from both ranges on the same server.

Is there a way to do this without using multiple physical interfaces of the machine?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
It's considerably more of a pain in the ass to set up, although it can be done in a DomU. It also requires careful configuration of any upstream network switches. Why not get another ethernet card or port?