Re: [Xen-users] How to initiate a guest installation from the CD-ROM media

  • To: Ido Levy <IDOL@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:10:29 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:11:04 -0800

Ido Levy wrote:
Hello All,

I am pretty new to Xen and I would appreciate you advice on the following
issue.

I have installed Red Hat 5 Update 1 with the xen kernel and all the
required packages for virtualization support.
I reached to the point where dom0 is up and running.

Now I want to install a guest Linux OS from a customize Linux CD-ROM I
have.
I tried to use virt-install and virt-manager but the only install location
supported is via ftp, http or NFS.

Under my restrictions the only way I have to install the required guest is
by initiating a CD_ROM installation.

How can I do it ?

Thanks,

Ido

You need full virtualization to do a CD installation. Does your CPU support that? If so, enable it and select full virtualization instead of hte para-virtualization you're currently seeing.