Re: [Xen-users] Install Debian Guest on SLES10

On Do, Dez 06, 2007 at 09:47:12 +0100, marcus wrote:
> Igor Chubin schrieb:
>> On Mi, Dez 05, 2007 at 04:39:16 +0100, marcus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi mailing list,
>>>
>>> i have some problems to run a debian 4 on a sles 10 SP1 dom0.
>>>
>>> xen-tools-ioemu-3.0.4_13138-0.57
>>> xen-3.0.4_13138-0.57
>>> xen-tools-3.0.4_13138-0.57
>>> kernel-xen-2.6.16.54-0.2.3
>>>
>>> My configuration of the debian domu looks like this:
>>>

>> May be domains work, but you cannot see its output to console.
>> Try to add
>>
>> xencons=tty
>>
>> to the extra parameters of your domain config file.
>>

> Hi again :),
>
> i tried to configure vnc in my debian domain, and now I can see all of the
> output. It seems to be that the tty console cant connect to the domain. But
> the parameter xencons=tty does not bring any improvments

You must specify it not as a parameter of a domain file,
but as a parameter of kernel (parameter "extra")

For example:

before the modification your "extra" was:

extra="root=/dev/hda1"

and after the modification:

extra="root=/dev/hda1 xencons=tty"

If it will not help,