Re: [Xen-users] Install Debian Guest on SLES10

Igor Chubin schrieb:
On Do, Dez 06, 2007 at 09:47:12 +0100, marcus wrote:
Igor Chubin schrieb:
On Mi, Dez 05, 2007 at 04:39:16 +0100, marcus wrote:
Hi mailing list,

i have some problems to run a debian 4 on a sles 10 SP1 dom0.

xen-tools-ioemu-3.0.4_13138-0.57
xen-3.0.4_13138-0.57
xen-tools-3.0.4_13138-0.57
kernel-xen-2.6.16.54-0.2.3

My configuration of the debian domu looks like this:

May be domains work, but you cannot see its output to console.
Try to add

xencons=tty

to the extra parameters of your domain config file.

Hi again :),

i tried to configure vnc in my debian domain, and now I can see all of the output. It seems to be that the tty console cant connect to the domain. But the parameter xencons=tty does not bring any improvments

You must specify it not as a parameter of a domain file,
but as a parameter of kernel (parameter "extra")

For example:

before the modification your "extra" was:

extra="root=/dev/hda1"

and after the modification:

extra="root=/dev/hda1 xencons=tty"

If it will not help, please show you boot log again.

Marcus

--
Marcus Herz
IT-Infrastructure

Hi,

I tried your suggestion but also the same problem. Ok lets say it this way, I can connect via VNC to the debian domain...but is it possible to start a xen patched kernel in debian. I mean the kernel which is normal included in debian via apt-get or is the SLES included Xen kernel only usable.

Or is it possible to install the domU with the original debian cd/dvd?
It tried this twice but the domU hangs always at a different state of installation.

The config looks like this:

ostype="test3"
name="test3"
memory=1024
vcpus=1
on_crash="destroy"
on_poweroff="destroy"
on_reboot="restart"
localtime=1
builder="hvm"
extid=0
device_model="/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel="/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
boot="d"
disk=[ 'file:/vm/domains/debian-4-testing/disk0,hda,w', 'file:/data/images/Debian-4/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso,hdc:cdrom,r', ]
vif=[ 'mac=00:16:3e:07:c1:8c,model=rtl8139,type=ioemu', ]
vnc=1
vncunused=1

Thank you!

Regars Marcus