Re: [Xen-users] Xen-3.1 on Ubuntu 7.10 keeps crashing

I solved the problem by turning Hypertreading off in the Bios.
After that I bumped into other problems: (see also previous threads)
- console, fixed by adding in the DomU-cfg
extra = "xencons=tty console=tty"
- hwclock: fixed by chmodding /sbin/hwclock to 400
(mount the disk-image with -o loop before you can do that)

I have a domU running now, and doing some stress-tests right now (1h
without problems)

Gémes Géza schreef:
> Pascal Nobus írta:
>> After numerous attempts to get Xen up and running, I'm on the edge of
>> giving up.
>>
>> I'm now running Xen-3.1 / Ubuntu-7.10
>> When trying to build a DomU I always crash. Tryied it with LVM and also
>> the guide at:
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-7.10-server-install-xen-from-ubuntu-repositories
>>

>> I changed memory-cards but still no results.
>> Most of the crashes happen when doing a xen-create-image at debootstrap.
>>

>> My system:
>> Supermicro PDSMI+, with Dual Intel P4
>> 2 SATA -disk in software Raid-1
>>
>> Has anyone made a succesful setup with this sort of hardware?
>> Or is Xen-3.1 having problems with software raid?

> I have been trying to do something similar to work without success. I've
> found out that the problem is in the xen enabled kernel shipped with
> Ubuntu. I've submitted a bug report for it, but it still receives a few
> messages a month about similar problems. In my case the Dom0 crashed at
> any attempt  read/write to/from the disc.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Geza Gemes

www.webservice.be

Hovenstraat 3a, 3590 Diepenbeek