Re: [Xen-users] How to initiate a guest installation from the CD-ROM media

Ido Levy wrote:
Nico,

Can you please explain why it's better to use LVM partitions in compare to
regular partitions with regards to image management.

Because you can resize an LVM partition.

--Sadique

Thanks,

Ido

Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx > To Ido Levy/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL 07/12/2007 02:53 cc xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx om Subject Re: [Xen-users] How to initiate a guest installation from the CD-ROM media

Ido Levy wrote:
Thank you Nico for your tip.

As per your advice I enabled the support for the CPU and now I am able to
use full Virtualization.

I have two more question that I would appreciate your advice:

1) Is there any performance differences between para and full
virtualization ?
2) What is better to create the virtual machine as a separate partition
or
as a file ?

Thanks

Ido

Yes, para-virtualization is noticeably faster than full virtualization.
And for performance and management reasons, I recommend using LVM based
partitions, not files. But if your system is already built and
configured, that's not always feasible.