Re: [Xen-users] improve graphics perf on HVM guest

> > If your Windows supports remote desktops (home Windows generally doesn't
> > but the more expensive versions do) then you may find that you can get
> > better graphics performance by connecting to it over the network using
> > rdesktop.
> >
> > You can also do rootless / seamless Windows virtualisation using remote
> > desktop (see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeamlessVirtualization,
> > http://www.cendio.com/seamlessrdp/).
> >
> > Improving the performance of the actual framebuffer device in Xen would
> > require some performance optimisations which I'm not well placed to
> > explain. If you actually want to hack on the code, then you could try
> > asking for hints on the xen-devel list.
>
> They also all support installing VNC. Most network based KVM's and
> hardware provided management tools are actually VNC. You do need to be
> careful about password management and security with it.

I was guessing that RDP would have better performance than VNC, but I could be
wrong...  In any case, I guess running VNC within the guest may give better
display performance than running it in dom0.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!