Re: [Xen-users] windows XP on xen and tap0 in wrong bridge

Hi,

to my recent knowledge, the default bridgename in xen-unstable has
been changed from xenbr to eth.

Maybe not all of your scripts in /etc/xen are aware of this new
naming scheme?

btw. personally, I find this behaviour really confusing ...

Janusz Ulanowski schrieb:
> Hi,
> I've setup unstable xen (16618:966a6d3b7408)
> It works OK, but:
> I have setup WinXP and works but problem is with network cause of tap0 .
>
> my bridge:
> ####
> # brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> eth0            8000.00500486895e       no              peth0
>                                                         vif1.0
>                                                         vif6.0
> xenbr0          8000.e68a357fff46        no              tap0
> ###
>

> it starts working if I move tap0 into eth0 bridge:
>
> # brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> eth0            8000.00500486895e        no              peth0
>                                                         vif1.0
>                                                         vif6.0
>                                                         tap0
> xenbr0          8000.000000000000       no
>
> ######################
> #xm list
> Name                                       ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                   0  1365     2     r-----   6118.8
> WindowsX                                  6   512     1     -b----     11.4
> deb03                                        1   128     1
> -b----     13.6
>

> the line about network in winxp.conf config is:
> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, ip=192.168.1.23 <http://192.168.1.23>,
> mac=00:16:3e:00:00:13, model=ne2k_pci' ]
>
> It seems to be OK with conf files.
> Is it the bug or my some mistake.
>

> Thanks,
> Janusz

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054